Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Unofficial kick off to summer

May Long Weekend the unofficial Kick off to Summer... it's always raining (or snowing) on May Long weekend. This year was no exception. It rained and rained. But it wasn't the worst weather we've ever had so I wasn't complaining!

Friday night we went to Creek Bistro for this gal's 25th!


Followed by cake and a glass of vino with our friend the Doctor!

Saturday morning we packed up and headed out to the lake. Hub had to load a hot tub up at his parents first and I dropped this crazy off at my mom's for a sleep over at Grandma's and play date with Minnie.
Look at him getting along with another dog besides Bobo. This is UNHEARD of. But it happened.

We then went to the Boon's campsite at Echo to pick them up to come out to our cottages. The boys did some heavy lifting replacing the cracked hot tub with the new one at the in law's cabin, we hung out with the fam, talked, laughed and had some din din. Then we went back to my family's cottage and played bolder dash with the Boon's! So much fun!

Sunday we relaxed at the lake, the sun came out and we did some more heavy lifting. The in laws are making the sand pit area bigger!


Monday Hubby and I did a lot from gardening, laundry, cleaning to some more antiquing... we found an antique shop that is closing down and we've been getting the best deals there. 80% off everything = cheap stuff. It's been great for the business as well, finding lots of great vintage finds for our styled engagement shoot we are planning next month. Here are some of our finds:


Boot shot glasses and mug! Hello, who wouldn't love these? They go perfectly with our western and "Pistols" bar theme!




We plan to use these Crush bottles in the engagement shoot with little signs like "I have a" and "My" in front of the bottle! Get it!?


This frame was $2... that's right, two whole dollars!

Then we went to see this flick:
Bridesmaids Movie Poster

I LOVED IT! It's definitely going to be a buyer!! I died! My fav's were:

But really they were all great!
Tonight my business partner in crime Cass and I are going back to the antique shop to scout more finds and then I have a hair appointment (getting a glossy treatment - it's like a deep conditioning gloss to keep my hair really moisturized, my hair is always SO dry!) and then just pack and get ready to leave bright and early for Stoon in the am. I am off for broker meetings (Wednesday and Friday) and a golf tournament (Thursday).   Then home later Friday afternoon and no real plans for Friday night yet that I know of.  Hubby is in this motorcycle course all weekend (Friday 5-9 and Saturday/Sunday 9-5pm.) It's a course to learn how to ride all types of motor bikes. Then he's gonna take his learners (GREAT!) hahaha I just don't think a man with a dangerous job needs a dangerous hobby. But I'm not going to stop him from something he is really adamant and passionate about doing! Hopefully he'll look like this...



And we'll look like this...

We love love love Sons of Anarchy!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH it's SO good!

Sons Of Anarchy Bikers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts