Friday, February 11, 2011

Perils of the iPhone autocorrect


Yesterday I found myself hysterically laughing to the point of tears! This isn't a super regular occurrence, it usually takes quite a lot to bring me to even LOL (laugh out loud) let alone cry from laughing so hard. I LOVE it when it happens though. So yesterday was an extra special day, I laughed out loud numerous times.

 First was when I got this forward. So I HAD to share the Perils of the IPhone auto correct especially because I too have the IPhone (remember my blog iphone vs. blackberry) And I must say I do love the iphone but I do get frustrated with its auto correct at times. I can't say I've ever had any auto corrections quite this funny though. The funniest I've had is typing "groomsmen" which came out "broomcorns"
I hope you find this as funny as I did...picture me, reading this at work hand over mouth trying to muffle my laughter wiping the tears off my cheeks! Oh and for everyone that knows me, knows that I especially LOVE a dirty joke.





















The second funniest thing that happened was during an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker - this was an old one from Season 1 (I was just settling into bed for some light hearted shows to soothe me to sleep) and I stumbled on this one Episode 7: Heinz/Paul 

This is Paul the (then) 31 year old self made millionaire:

So on this episode Paul and Cidney seem to be a really good match and at the end of their FIRST date he proposes! I love a good proposal story just as much as the next girl. But I was HOWLING over this. Seriously, did he just propose? It seemed legitimate and at the end of the episode update Cidney had moved in with Paul and they were making wedding plans! I could hardly believe it, I couldn't keep myself from laughing, which is a normal reaction to something crazy like this but not a normal reaction to a regular engagement story. And trust me I have seen my fair share of engagement stories as I'm currently holding a contest for the best engagement/love story for my business Old, New, Borrowed & Blue Wedding and Event Planning  (click to check out the details on the website blog). 

So today I had to google this to see if they were now happily married... guess what?










They aren't! I KNEW it was too good to be true! Even though I was secretly hoping that it was love at first sight and it would work out... but no such luck! Here's what Cidney herself had to say...

On her blog, she says that she and Paul lived together for a few months after they filmed the episode and that his marriage proposal was real, but she broke up with him.  You may also remember Cidney from TMZ. After the episode aired, they “exposed” her as a Playboy model, something Cidney says Bravo, Patti and Paul knew but that never made it on the air.
However, a few months after posting that nice entry about their break up, she changes her tune and has this to say:
From her Myspace blog:
Paul the Liar
So last night was my ten-year high school reunion. Some guy I don’t remember from high school came up to me and told me he was going to be on the premiere of the second season of Millionaire Matchmaker.
He said he also met Paul, b/c of course media-minded Paul makes an appearance on next season.
The guy also told me that Paul was engaged to another girl before we even met and that he is still engaged to her. Seems strange, considering I lived with him for several months, but then I called Patti, and she didn’t deny it!
She said she’s learnt that everything Paul has said or done has been one fat lie!
And the bastard had the audacity to email me a message of congratulations after I got engaged a few months ago to a man who is everything Paul wishes he could be. He even stalked the two of us when we first started dating.
I hope this time, the show makes him out to be the liar and schemer that he really is.
And if u read this Paul, NEVER EVER try to contact me again.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha that's the funniest most embarrassing letter she could have written. My favorite part is, "And if u read this Paul, NEVER EVER try to contact me again."

    I hope Paul read it and did the opposite.

    Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts